Saturday, April 24, 2010

Ramblings on the BEST MUSICAL EVER. Sorry.

Les Miserables

If one of my friends mentions these words to me, which almost never happens as they know what will happen, I begin to jump up and down and freak out. Yes, I am a LMA or Les Miserables Addict.

Recently, I fed my addiction by going to a Home school high school production of said musical. To say the least, it was spectacular. The main reason that it was so spectacular was this. The entire production was produced, casted, and orchestrated by homeschoolers. In particular, one senior girl, whose senior project it was. Needless to say, (also, if it is needless to say, why am I saying it? How confusing.) this was quite an undertaking.

Les Miserables [Homeschool production] had many props, several of which were rather large, and needed to be assembled onstage. One characteristic of this play, was that the scenes and props changed CONSTANTLY, without a curtain ever closing. I applaud the ‘stage ninjas’, as one of them so memorably put it, for assembling and breaking down all of these sets within seconds. Again, these were mostly high school students who were doing this. So...congrats.

In all, this was a fantastic representation of Les Miserables, and I congratulate all the people who are in it.

Okay, I’ll stop talking now.

-Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment